Monday, January 18, 2010

The Tragedy Became Personal Today


Since returning from our mission trip to Haiti in September I had gotten busy with life and forgot about the blog until today. Melanie and I like most people have been keenly interested in the recent news from Haiti. We have been praying and although I knew there probably would be some people we knew that were killed, until today I had not heard of any. Sadly today we heard that Lousani our housekeeper where we stayed and helper with the school pictures was killed. Lousani was a sweet quiet young woman with a kind and tender heart. She was a big help to me when we photographed the school children. She spoke a little English and I didn't speak any Creole or French so she would sit next to me and get the kids to "Souri" (smile). Please pray for her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment